CBD helps you sleep by alleviating the most common causes of your insomnia. These typically include pain, chronic stress, and anxiety. So, can CBD help with a good night’s sleep?
You can help increase a healthy nighttime sleep by combining CBD with good sleep habits. Changes in lifestyle habits can help support a healthy sleep cycle for you. Some examples of healthy sleep habits include:
- Have a regular routine of going to bed and waking up at the same time every day
- Avoid any food or other stimulants in the late afternoon or evening
- Dimming your lights in the evening
- Avoid phone screens, computer screens, or tablets at least an hour before bed
- Turn off your electronics while you sleep
- If you must use your computer in the evening, use blue light filters on the screens
- Meditation, yoga, or relaxing techniques before bed
CBD oils that work best for sleep are usually made from a full-spectrum extract that is rich in supportive terpenes and cannabinoids. These oils normally contain 50 mg of CBD per milliliter of oil.