There are a ton of Cannabis products on the market today, and edibles especially are gaining in popularity incredibly fast. However, for as popular as Cannabis edibles are, there is a surprising lack of drink-based items that allow you to enjoy CBD and THC. What do you do then if you want to kick back with a drink and still get the benefits of your favorite Cannabis products?
Well, we have the perfect solution. You simply make your own delicious cocktail using the CBD or Delta-8 items you already love! To this end, we have put together some of our favorite cocktail recipes and then added a blast of CBD or Delta-8 into each one.
So the next time you are looking to relax after work or spend a Saturday relaxing by the fireplace (or by the pool, depending on the season), you have the perfect cocktail options ready to go. Give these a try and let us know what you think! Just please remember to enjoy responsibly.
Recipes In this article:
- CBD Mint Julep
- CBD Gin & Tonic
- Delta-8 Whiskey Sour
- CBD Lavender Lemon Cocktail
- Delta-8 Vodka Watermelon Cocktails
- Delta-8 Grape Juice Cocktail
- CBD Moscow Mule
- Delta-8 Shirley Temple
Drinking Cannabis Products
While smoking, eating, or vaping are typically the most common methods for taking CBD and other Cannabis products, drinking is also a viable method of benefiting from a cannabinoid. By simply sipping a CBD or Delta-8 tincture, you can get a significant boost of wellness. There are, in fact, a great deal of Cannabis products created for just this purpose.
Some of the most popular products for making cannabis-infused drinks are oils or tinctures, although there are also syrups specially made for just such a use. Each item has its benefits depending on the type of drink you are making and the flavors you are looking for.
Oils will have a bit of a bitter taste and are often lightly flavored. These items are best used in drinks that have strong flavors, especially mint or citrus, and that are generally lighter.
Syrups are typically made to have intense flavors and will taste better than a standard oil or tincture. However, it will take more effort to find specific drinks that mesh with the strong syrup flavors.
Cannabis Cocktails You Can Make at Home
There are an endless amount of mixed drinks that you can create with a bit of CBD Oil and an assortment of ingredients. Your imagination is the limit here. With that said, here are some special mix drinks that are regularly recommended by customers and mixologists alike.
CBD Mint Julep
The Mint Julep is a famous bourbon-based cocktail that has strong associations with the cuisine of the American South and the spectacle of the Kentucky Derby. This is a drink that dates back well over a hundred years ago and has been part of the identity of Virginia since the 1820s. In fact, Jasper Crouch, a “Free Person of Color,” was the first recognized master of mint juleps.
The Kentucky Derby has prompted the mint julep since 1938, and each year over 100,000 juleps are served at Churchill Downs over a two-day period.
Today there are a ton of varieties of this traditional drink, but the ingredients are always based around bourbon (sometimes brandy), simple syrup, and mint. Our addition of CBD will allow this springtime sipping drink to pack an extra helping of relaxation, helping you to chill out while soaking in the sun.
- 2.5oz of bourbon (For fun, opt for Woodford Whiskey, the official Whiskey of the Kentucky Derby)
- .5oz of simple syrup
- 15 mg of your favorite CBD tincture
- 2-8 mint leaves. You can add some Cannabis leaves for a fun twist or garnish.
- Crush the leaves in a chilled glass with the simple syrup.
- Add your bourbon and ice. Use pebble ice for the traditional feel.
- Stir the ingredients and add more ice as needed.
- Add a garnish of mint sprigs or leaves.
CBD Gin & Tonic
The Gin & Tonic is another drink that has a long and rich history. Back in the 1700s, as the British East India Company occupied India, Malaria had become an enormous issue. A doctor suggested that quinine could be used to help prevent the disease, but it would taste bitter in the tonic water it was often served with. Soldiers quickly began to add sugar, lime, and gin to the quinine to enhance the taste (gin was part of a soldier’s rations in that era), and this was the birth of the gin and tonic.
Today there are countless variations of the traditional gin and tonic, and there is a lot of room to experiment with the combination. Various fruits, vegetables, and herbs are added to these drinks to bring out certain flavors, and you are likely to find as many preferences as people you ask.
This unique recipe allows you to combine this classic mixed drink with a blast of potent CBD oil, creating the perfect drink for helping you unwind after a long day.
- 1.5oz gin
- 3.5oz tonic water
- .25oz lemon juice
- 15-30mg dosage of a CBD Oil
- A selection of “aromatics” such as citrus peel, edible flowers, herbs, or even Cannabis leaves.
- In your glass, simply combine the gin, CBD oil, lemon juice, and tonic water.
- Add your selection of leaves, peels, herbs, and garnishes for flavor.
Delta-8 Whiskey Sour
A Whiskey Sour is a classic mixed drink that is typically made up of whiskey, lemon juice, sugar, and (less common nowadays) egg whites. This is a simple but sophisticated cocktail that is easy to make and provides a unique series of flavors.
Keeping with our theme of listing the history of these drinks, the oldest historical mention of a whiskey sour dates back to an 1870 newspaper in Wisconsin, the Waukesha Plain Dealer. Though, to be fair, similar drinks were enjoyed by the British navy in the decades prior.
The Whiskey Sour is also the first drink on our list that utilizes Delta-8 syrup. This is a sweet syrup that provides unique flavors as well as a potent dosage of Delta-8. Delta-8 is a form of THC and will give you a profound body high. This combination of Delta-8 and whiskey allows you to melt away the stress of the day and start the night off right.
- 2oz of Whisky
- .5oz Sour Apple Pucker
- 15-30mg dosage of Green Apple Delta-8 Syrup (per tolerance and taste)
- 2oz Cranberry Juice
- Place ice into a cocktail shaker followed by all your ingredients.
- Shake the shaker vigorously, then strain into a cocktail glass filled with ice.
- Garnish as you like. Many prefer a wedge of green apple for this recipe.
CBD Lavender Lemon Cocktail
This cocktail has a refreshing floral and citrus flavor that will soothe your mind and body, and a matching aroma that makes it a pleasure to sit with. If you are a fan of gin and enjoy the flavors and smells of lavender, this mixed drink is an excellent option for the end of the day or a relaxing afternoon in the sun.
Both CBD and lavender are known for their abilities to help you relax, chill out, and recover. This lavender gin drink seeks to maximize these effects and provide you the ultimate boost to your relaxation efforts.
This is also the first one of our mixed drinks that will require you to create your own flavored simple syrup. Don’t worry; this is a straightforward process and will take you less than 15 minutes. Creating your won syrups also allows you to impress your friends as you break down the process behind the drinks you are serving.
- 4oz gin
- 4 tablespoons Meyer lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons CBD oil
- Lavender Syrup*
- Lemon peel
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
You will also need to make some lavender simple syrup by boiling water and sugar over medium heat, then reduce heat and add the lavender. Simmer for 5 minutes, then let the lavender steep for another 10 minutes. Strain and cool the syrup.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons of dried lavender
- Fill a cocktail shaker halfway up with ice, add rosemary, lemon juice, gin, CBD oil, and four tablespoons of your syrup.
- Shake the mixture for about 1 minute.
- Strain into chilled glasses.
- Add garnish to each cocktail and serve.
Delta-8 Vodka Watermelon Cocktails
These are the perfect summer drinks and are excellent on a hot day. Though, to be fair, these cocktails are delicious enough to justify making the rest of the year as well. There is no big secret here; it is a fun mixture of sweet fruit flavors that mix well with decent vodka. The added Cloud N9ne Watermelon Syrup adds to the taste and will help provide a mellow THC boost to your drink.
The only other vodka drink in this list is the Moscow Mule, so we wanted to ensure there was something that took advantage of this spirit’s ability to work with fruit, as well as the sweet Delta-8 syrup.
While this cocktail is an entirely modern invention, it is fun to note that vodka predates perhaps every other liquor still being made at a significant level, and dates back as far as the 700’s. The first distillery goes back to Russia in the 1100s, and the assumption is made that this was to create medical-grade vodka. FOr your needs, we suggest a nice mid or high-grade choice. A personal preference at the office is Titos Vodka.
- A good quality vodka! Titos or Skyy are favorites.
- Either blend fresh watermelon or, to avoid the hassle, opt for chilled watermelon juice. Sparkling watermelon juice makes for a delicious twist.
- Lime juice, either freshly squeezed or from a bottle.
- Cloud N9ne Watermelon Syrup
- We didn’t add the ounces here because this drink can be heavily customized to fit your preferred flavor or potency. Try to keep the dodge of Delta-8 below 10mg per drink if people plan to drink more than one glass.
- Simply mix the ingredients together using a shaker, or pour directly into a glass and stir.
- For extra fizz, top the drink off with some club soda or Sprite.
- Garnish with fresh mint, lime, or watermelon wedges.
Delta-8 Grape Juice Cocktail
The use of vanilla liquor and grape juice makes this an incredibly unique cocktail, but it is no less delicious for this fact. This makes for a great adult party drink and was first discovered by the staff here at a Halloween party in years past.
Grapes are always a favorite in the summer, but there is no reason that you can’t enjoy them year-round in a delicious drink.
This is a very simple drink to make, and we have given it an added twist with the inclusion of the Delta-8 grape syrup. This is another combination of sweet flavors, good alcohol, and well-made Delta-8 syrups.
- 2oz vanilla liqueur
- 3oz grape juice
- Grape Delta-8 Syrup
- Red grapes
- Green grapes
- Crushed ice
- Add ice to a cocktail glass.
- Add the vanilla liqueur, grape juice, and syrup and stir these ingredients.
- Top the drink off with green and red grapes.
CBD Moscow Mule
The Moscow Mule is an easily recognizable cocktail that has seen a recent resurgence in popularity. We are jumping on the bandwagon with our own variation of one, with an added CBD blast.
To make this Moscow Mule, you will have to put in a bit of effort, even making your own CBD and ginger syrup, but the end result is both impressive and well worth the effort. This citrus, ginger, and CBD combination is also very good at soothing your stomach, ensuring that your drinking is not going to cause you to feel ill or unwell. Typically, CBD oils can be hard to mix easily into drinks without disrupting the flavors, but creating this potent ginger syrup helps you to meld it in perfectly with the wider cocktail.
- 2 grams ground and dried cannabis (CBD)
- 1/3oz CBD-Ginger syrup*
- 2oz of favorite vodka
- 1oz lime juice
- Ginger beer
- Mint sprig
- Lime wedge
You will also need to make some CBD-ginger syrup by boiling a half-cup of water and half-cup of sugar over medium heat, then reduce heat and add the 3-inch stem of fresh ginger and 2 grams of cannabis (CBD). Simmer for 30 minutes, then let it cool and strain it.
- Chill a copper mug and fill it with ice.
- Add the vodka, lime juice, CBD-ginger syrup, and stir.
- Top the drink off with the ginger beer.
- Garnish with mint and lime.
Delta-8 Shirley Temple
The legend goes that when child star Shirley Temple would go out to restaurants with her parents and coworkers, this non-alcoholic drink would be specially made for her so she could feel fancy at dinner along with everyone else. Today, Shirley Temples are perhaps the most popular non-alcoholic mix drinks, and we wanted to use their fantastic flavor and overall sweetness as a base for the Delta-8 Cherry Bomb syrup.
This is a simple concoction but allows you to get a strong dosage of Delta-8 in a fun-to-sip drink.
- Lemon-lime soda
- Cloud N9ne Cherry Bomb Syrup
- 4 tsp. grenadine
- Maraschino cherries, for serving
- You will need to measure the amounts out as per your preference, but it will be a mixture of soda and lime juice, a hint of cherry syrup, and ice. Top each serving off with a tsp, of grenadine.
- Serve with a maraschino cherry for that classy restaurant feel.
The Best Cocktails Require High-Quality Ingredients
These were all very basic drinks, and you should feel free to experiment and tweak these recipes as you see fit. The only requirement is that you use the best possible ingredients to bring out the correct flavors, including using high-quality Cannabis Products.
At CBDOil.com, we have a wide selection of the best Delta-8 and CBD products on the market. Stop by our store today, and get everything you need to make your next cocktail something genuinely spectacular.